Students pose making a heart with their hands under blossoming cherry trees

Transfer Students (Undergrad)

Interested in transferring to Saint Martin's? Simply fill out our FREE online application, send in your official transcript(s) and a letter of recommendation, and you're good to go! You will receive an admission decision in as little as two (2) weeks and automatic scholarship consideration.

Note: Transfer students are students who have completed one or more college credits following high school graduation. If you have completed 20 or fewer credits post high school you may be evaluated as a traditional first-year applicant and will be eligible for first-year scholarships. All programs are available for transfer students. (Additional application requirements for Education, Nursing and Social Work are linked below.)

Application information

Application requirements for transfer students include:
  •  or the *
  • Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
  • Your official high school transcript, GED certificate or home school documentation, if applicable鈥
  • Military credits鈥
  • Nursing essay questions are required for all nursing applicants.**

* There is no application fee for domestic transfer applicants.

** As instructed on the Common Application.

鈥 Applicant has earned 20 or fewer semester credits after graduating from high school. Admitted students may submit updated SAT/ACT scores or transcripts before Feb. 15 of the academic year for which they are applying, to be re-evaluated for merit scholarships. Talk to your counselor for more information or to request a re-evaluation.

鈥or those who have prior military credits: All scores from U.S. Armed Forces Institution Examinations (USAFI) and/or (DANTES) and/or College Examination Program (CLEP). Other documentation such as DD Form 214, DD Form 295, AARTS transcripts, CCAF transcripts, DLI transcripts and SMART transcripts.

Spring, summer and fall 2024
Deadline Date
Spring 2024  
Application and materials  Dec. 5
Deposit Dec. 20
Summer 2024  
Application and materials April 15
Deposit  May 1
Fall 2024  
Application and materials  July 15
Deposit Aug. 5
**Nursing application for fall 2024/spring 2025 cohorts  
Application and materials Feb. 1

**All nursing applicants must use the . Traditional BSN students can only apply using the Fall application to be considered for admissions to the fall or spring cohorts. 

Application requirements for international transfer students

Transferring from a post-secondary college or university outside of the US:

  • Completed 
  • Official transcripts sent directly to 成人抖音 by all colleges or universities attended outside of the US.
  • Official evaluation of all university-level coursework and degrees earned outside of the US completed and submitted directly to 成人抖音 by an approved NACES evaluation company. Find approved evaluators at 
  • If you are requesting transfer credits for courses taken outside of the US, a course-by-course evaluation is required.
  • An official English translation is required for transcripts issued in a language other than English.
  • Proof of English proficiency
  • Copy of passport


Transferring from a US college or university (additional documents required):

  • Official transcripts sent directly to 成人抖音 by all US colleges or universities attended.
  • Copy of current I-20
  • Copy of current visa


Transcript requirements:

Submit completed secondary school grade reports/transcripts, external exams, and all university-level grade reports/transcripts with your application. You can upload an unofficial copy of your transcripts to your online account or request your school official to email the transcript to If admitted to Saint Martin鈥檚, you will be required to submit official transcripts prior to enrollment. 

Only official transcripts will be evaluated for transfer credit. The university reserves the right to request a 鈥渃ourse-by-course鈥 transcript evaluation by an approved international transcript evaluation service for any international transcripts.

Reverse transfer agreement

Students who have been admitted to 成人抖音 without a DTA associate成人抖音degree, and who have at least 60 transferrable quarter credits, or 40 transferable semester credits, from a Washington community or technical college, may be eligible to earn a DTA associate成人抖音degree from their transfer institution. This is accomplished by transferring SMU credits back to the community or technical college, which may then apply the credits towards its own associate degree requirements.

To activate this policy, students must alert the Registrar成人抖音office that they wish to have their courses reverse transferred, and are responsible for ensuring that the receiving institution awards credit and the DTA associate成人抖音degree. Students must then provide the 成人抖音 Registrar with an official transcript posting the DTA associate成人抖音degree prior to their final semester or term before graduation. Upon receipt of the DTA associate成人抖音degree, students will have satisfied Saint Martin成人抖音Core 22 requirements (Gen Ed) with the exception of one course in religion and one course in philosophy, if not already completed.

Transferring credits

Making sure your community/technical college credits transfer is an important step in applying to Saint Martin's. We have direct transfer agreements with 27 community colleges in the state of Washington.

Do my credits transfer?

Reverse image of two hearts

Apply early for priority consideration

Applicants who complete their application by each review deadline will receive priority consideration for admission, scholarships, and other types of financial aid. Those who apply later will be admitted on a space-available basis and should be aware that some types of housing, Saint Martin成人抖音scholarships, and state and federal aid may be limited. Applicants should submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning Oct. 1 of the academic year for which they are applying.

Transfer scholarships

The scholarships below are only open to students transferring to Saint Martin's.

Learn more about scholarships


Eligible students

Transfer students

Brief description

Students with only Running Start credits, with previous bachelor's degrees, or who are attending one of our extension campuses are not eligible. Students must apply for admission to Saint Martin's University. Upon acceptance, students must provide a copy of their Phi Theta Kappa membership card or certificate for verification. No separate scholarship application is required.

Scholarship cannot be added until the Office of Admissions receives proof of membership.


Office of Admissions
Call: 360-438-4596 and 800-368-8803
Text: 360-810-5093

Students admitted to the university and to the LPN-BSN program are automatically qualified to receive a $10,000 merit scholarship which will be in addition to their GPA merit scholarship awarded during university admission. Award is based on full-time enrollment. Award is renewable for a second year for LPN-BSN students.

Students admitted to the university and to the RN-BSN program are automatically qualified to receive a $10,000 merit scholarship which will be in addition to their GPA merit scholarship awarded during university admission. Award is based on full-time enrollment.

Eligible students

Transfer students

Brief description

This $30,000 scholarship is awarded to three outstanding transfer students each year. Only those students who meet the following requirements are invited to apply: 

  • Complete 60+ semester or 90+ quarter credits by time of enrollment (Running Start credits are not applicable)
  • Currently have a cumulative 3.5 GPA
  • Demonstrate a strong commitment to community service 

Deadline for application

April 15


Office of Admissions 
Call: 360-438-4596 and 800-368-8803
Text: 360-810-5093


Eligible students

Transfer and Running Start students

Brief description

Any applicant who is a member of the Washington All-Academic Team at their community college prior to transferring is eligible for this $2,500 renewable award, including Running Start students. Proof of membership is required.


Office of Admissions
Call: 360-438-4596 and 800-368-8803
Text: 360-810-5093

Students advising

Transfer information sessions

Bring your questions and unofficial transcripts, and learn more about why Saint Martin's may be the right fit for you. In these custom visits, you will learn about your academic major and the admissions process, take a tour, and receive an advising session to discuss credit transfer and educational opportunities. 

Note: Nursing holds a separate session for transfers. .

Students with computers

Out of high school for a while?

If you have been out of high school for many years, our admission counselors will tailor the application and review process to each student, requesting only those materials necessary to effectively evaluate each applicant. Contact for more information.

Reverse image of an open door

Are you a previous student applying for re-admission?


Saint Martin's University operates on the semester system. Most community colleges and many other colleges and universities are on the quarter system. Saint Martin's fall semester begins in late August, spring semester in January. The University offers two summer sessions. One semester credit equals 1.5 quarter credits.

Most academic programs at Saint Martin's University require 120 semester credits for graduation. Please refer to our program pages for more detailed information.

A maximum of 90 semester hours (135 quarter hours) will be accepted toward the fulfillment of requirements for a baccalaureate degree.
Transfer credits from a two-year accredited college may not exceed 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours).

Students with learning gained from job experiences, civic or volunteer work have an opportunity to obtain credit toward a baccalaureate degree through the University's FOCUS Program. Please check the Saint Martin's University catalog for details about this program.

No. However, if you are completing one or want to know which associates transfers best for your intended major, contact your transfer counselor.

Official transcripts can be ordered through your college成人抖音registrar office. Electronic transcripts can be sent by email, through National Students Clearinghouse or Parchment to: Transcripts can also be mailed to Saint Martin's University 5000 Abbey Way SE, Lacey, WA 

Questions? Text us!

Explore Transfer Students